This week, Rio is hosting the Fifth World Urban Forum. For a city where the favelas are the dominant urban paradigma, the concept of urbanity is rather ambiguous. That’s the pessimist view. The optimist would say it is an opportunity for the city to rethink its standards. And a reminder to politicians who has forgotten their responsibilities.
The event details are available at:
Our latest survey
Get a specialist on Brazil
Give us your opinion
- Brazil reopens for business
- Turning Brazil into an agricultural powerhouse
- Brazilian presidential elections pressing question: what candidate will the “big-center”parties support?
- Boeing and Embraer confirm talks for a potential merger
- How young Brazilians hope to clean up politics
- Is Bolsonaro going to be President?
- Brazilian currency boosted by lower inflation in the U.S.
Albanian Arabic Bulgarian Catalan Chinese Simplified Chinese Traditional Croatian Czech Danish Dutch Estonian Filipino Finnish French Galician German Greek Hebrew Hindi Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Lativian Lithuanian Maltese Norwegian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Serbian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swedish Thai Turkish Ukrainian Vietnamese
- Sub ratione Dei