Two indicators of growth made the news this week; household consumption’s expansion of almost 10% in the last three quarters; and the industrial electricity consumption in February was up nearly 11% year over year. This means it is now on the level it was before the financial crisis. Two distinct moments of the economic cycle, showing that the momentum is certainly positive. Growing inflation is the side effect to confirm the diagnostic. Apparently, we are keeping the pace of recovery. There are strategists predicting that the IBOVESPA will reach 85.000 by the end of the year. But of course, we need to look past the end of the year. And the stock exchange is not the sole goal we should consider. What is worth remarking is that this is the begging of a new long term cycle.
Our latest survey
Get a specialist in Brazil
Give us your opinion
- European academic revue launches issue about regulation and competition in Brazil
- Review of “Sergio” with Wagner Moura on Netflix
- Economist.com on Telenovelas
- Bolsonaro in covid?
- Looking for Brazilian technology start-ups
- Discussing Entrepreneurship, regulation and economic development at the Brazilianists congress in Paris
- The internationalisation of Vale in some slides
Albanian Arabic Bulgarian Catalan Chinese Simplified Chinese Traditional Croatian Czech Danish Dutch Estonian Filipino Finnish French Galician German Greek Hebrew Hindi Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Lativian Lithuanian Maltese Norwegian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Serbian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swedish Thai Turkish Ukrainian Vietnamese
- Sub ratione Dei