So says the Russian newspaper Moscow Times. Furthermore, to raise awareness of Russia in Brazil, the Russian business council worked a deal with Brazil’s major daily Folha de Sao Paolo to publish an insert with articles from the Russian government’s Rossiiskaya Gazeta every month, according to Sergei Vasilyev, chairman of the Russian-Brazil Business Council.
Deals on the table
- Power Machines is negotiating deliveries of its energy equipment to Brazil.
- United Grain Company is looking to fill the void left by Argentina as a supplier of grain to Brazil. Due to stringent agriculture sanitation rules, one option is to supply grain to the less populous northeast Brazil to mill it all into flour on the spot, thus containing the threat of insect contamination.
- Embraer is trying to find a Russian partner to assemble its planes in Russia, where they have yet to be certified.
- Marco Polo is talking to Kamaz about assembling its buses here.
- Brazilian companies offer supplies of medicines and health care equipment.
The Moscow Times