CSN or Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (NYSE: SID) struck a deal to sell its 19.9 percent stake in Australian coal miner Riversdale to mining giant Rio Tinto for $830 million (AUD$780 million), according to its securities filing. CSN, Brazil’s largest diversified steelmaking company, sold 47.29 million shares of Riversdale at a price of AUD16.50 per share. Earlier in the day, Rio Tinto said it had won control of 72 percent of Riversdale after CSN accepted the offer. Shares of CSN were trading higher by 1.54 percent to $15.85 Wednesday morning. Source: I Stock Analyst
Our latest survey
Get a specialist on Brazil
Give us your opinion
- Brazil reopens for business
- Turning Brazil into an agricultural powerhouse
- Brazilian presidential elections pressing question: what candidate will the “big-center”parties support?
- Boeing and Embraer confirm talks for a potential merger
- How young Brazilians hope to clean up politics
- Is Bolsonaro going to be President?
- Brazilian currency boosted by lower inflation in the U.S.
Albanian Arabic Bulgarian Catalan Chinese Simplified Chinese Traditional Croatian Czech Danish Dutch Estonian Filipino Finnish French Galician German Greek Hebrew Hindi Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Lativian Lithuanian Maltese Norwegian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Serbian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swedish Thai Turkish Ukrainian Vietnamese
- Sub ratione Dei