|For the fifth consecutive week, Brazilian financial analysts reduced their estimates for the Brazilian economic growth this year.
Local market sentiment poll – Focus Report
According to the Focus report, released by the Brazilian Central Bank the forecast 2011 GDP (Gross Domestic Product) fell from 3.29% to 3.20%.
The same happened in the inflation projection this year, which stood at 6.50%; the government’s target ceiling. Currently, the Selic rate is 11.50% per year. Exchange rate forecasts were not altered, thus R $ 1.75 per dollar.
Foreign direct investment expectations for 2011 remained stable at U.S. $ 60 billion, while for 2012 the inflow of investments in Brazil went up from 52 to $ 53 billion.
Industrial production index: not good
Global turbulence is halting the Brazilian industry production more then expected. Analysts are disappointed with industrial production in September. The index fell a stronger-than-expected 2.0% and weakness was spread across sectors. September’s industrial result suggests hardly any GDP growth at all in the third quarter and a 3% forecast is now considered optimistic by Itau Unibanco research.
Our latest survey
Get a specialist in Brazil
Give us your opinion
- Looking for Brazilian technology start-ups
- Discussing Entrepreneurship, regulation and economic development at the Brazilianists congress in Paris
- The internationalisation of Vale in some slides
- The contradictions of Brazil’s foreign policy
- Brazil reopens for business
- Turning Brazil into an agricultural powerhouse
- Brazilian presidential elections pressing question: what candidate will the “big-center”parties support?
Albanian Arabic Bulgarian Catalan Chinese Simplified Chinese Traditional Croatian Czech Danish Dutch Estonian Filipino Finnish French Galician German Greek Hebrew Hindi Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Lativian Lithuanian Maltese Norwegian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Serbian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swedish Thai Turkish Ukrainian Vietnamese
- Sub ratione Dei