“The economist” and I are optimist about Dilma’s administration. Why?
1) She showed she wants to fight inflation
2) She said she will dedicate her administration to eliminate misery
3) Promised political and tax reforms
4) She started to change Lula’s foreign policy, which supported dictators like Ahmadinehjad.
5) Promised to cut public spending
We know that politicians’ words are not always equal to their actions, so we will have to sit tight and watch attentively. Nonetheless, at least in her speeches, Dilma has chosen to fight the good battles.
One of the main topics we ll have to watch closely is the nomination of key places in companies like Petrobras and Vale. Will she appoint people based on merit or based on political affiliation?
One thought on “Optimist about Dilma’s administration”
Fascinating observations, Rico. I hope your optimism is borne out by events. It could have worldwide impact.